Friday, January 3, 2014

Forever 21 Launches Premium Leather Shoe Collection

Today Forever 21 launched their premium leather shoe collection and initially I was super excited until I saw the line.  The shoe line is WACK. I usually like Forever21 shoes and think, wow, if only they were higher quality.  But this collection looks like something from 21 Jumpstreet, a bad Debbie Gibson video, bad fashion from Saved by the Bell. I just can't get into this collection.  Let's take a look.


Kinda cute, but look at how long these joints look? I imagine the model probably wears an average size.  I wear a size 10/11, imagine how crazy my feet would look. People would think I'm a man in drag. Hell no.

These are slightly better, but still a no. Looks like something my 65 yo mother would wear thinking she's doing something, when she'd be doing nothing at all.

Finally a pair I could see myself wearing, but for $70. No thanks


Here we go once again with the long ass shoes. Does Forever 21 realize this style isn't flattering on anyone wearing larger than a size 6.

I'm almost starting to feel bad ragging on nearly all of the shoes. So I choose not to post a few of the pairs.  But these, I like - but feel like they're about 3 seasons late.  They look exactly like the shoes Robert Downey Jr. wore in the movie Back To School.  I'm all for vintage and retro throwbacks, but these feel extra dated to me.  I tried to be nice.

Normally, I would like a shoe like this, but haven't damn near every mass chain designer knocked off this look for the past 8 seasons? Deep sigh. Come on Forever 21, you may be budget clothing, but you usually carry cool pieces.

I have to log off now because my blood pressure is too high from being angry at the hot mess premium collection that was produced by F21. I had such high expectations and I adore F21 for offering trendy affordable clothing, but this here….a complete let down. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment